Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nyah & her Haj

Nyah and Mudzil safely departed Malaysia to perform their haj. Managed to send them off at Komplek Tabung Haji in Kelana Jaya together with my other four siblings. Unfortunately mak was not able to be there due to her poor health and sakit lutut. The place was crowded and hot at the beginning but later it rained. Unlike the sending off crowds, those people that were about to depart to perfom their haj, they were not disturbed by the hot weather and leasurely had conversations with their relatives. I think it was more due to their full concentration on going to "Rumah Allah" that anything else was a small matter to them!, that's the spirit guys!. Pity that Mak Muo and Mak Long were not able to join Nyah as originally planned. Mak Muo encountered a minnor stroke 2 months earlier. She had earlier attended the haj classes on weekly basis. Now recuperating and undergoing physiotheraphy programme to reactivate her hand and leg muscles . Hopefully she will be back on her good health condition to perform haj next year. Mak is also planning to perform her 2nd. haj next year, but her cronic sakit lutut worries me alot. Has been persuading her to undergo a knee operation to replace her wasted knee cap, she but she is very adamant not to accept my offer.

I was so happy to seeing Nyah finally fulfilled her dream to go to Mekah. She has been struggling throughout her life, even now. Starting her first job as a clerk in Kuala Lumpur back in the early eighties. She was the breadwinner to the family after Apak passed away many many years ago. She had been subsidising me during my student days with her little extra money in hand. Later on her married life was in teeter and continued her life as a single parent to raise up four kids. Now her life is more stable despite having trouble with her second son. I pray hard that her doas while in Mekah will be answered and for her to have more peaceful and blessed life with her kids.

As for me, I'm looking forward to performing my haj. Ideally, I should go with mak next year. If that is the case, I have to start motivating my body and mind to that direction.... hemmmm.




No comments: